Finding the perfect outfit for a portrait photo shoot can be confusing. Should I avoid bright colors at any cost? What clothes would be more flattering? Should I wear makeup? Don’t worry, we’re here to help you!
Here are some basic tips to guide you. But remember, the key is to feel comfortable in your outfit!
1. Plan outfits a few days before your session
2. Choose clothes that flatter your body type. Be careful with baggy clothes, and sleeveless shirts and shorts, which can be unflattering.
3. Opt for layered clothing
4. Prefer solid colors. Jewel tones look great in photos
5. Wear slightly more makeup than usual
6. Add simple accessories
7. Wear busy patterns, especially by your face
8. Ignore bright colors. A touch of bright color can add vibrancy to your pictures
9. Forget the shoes! Stylish shoes add a great touch to an outfit
10. Add over distracting jewelry
If your photo session is taking place indoor, keep in mind that
– light clothes look better on lighter backgrounds
– dark clothes look better on darker backgrounds
Historic Courthouse on the Square, Decatur GA
February 28, 2015
I met Frannie years ago when I hired her on as one of our fabulous second shooters for weddings. We worked together for several wedding seasons before Frannie left the event world to pursue other exciting career endeavors. I’ve missed her smile and quirky sense of humor so I was very excited when I got the call that she was getting married to long time boyfriend, Hesham. I was honored to be there on her big day and capture some of these favorite photos. Props to my fabulous 2nd shooter, Paula. Couldn’t have done it without ya! Congrats to Frannie and Hesham, we wish you a lifetime of happiness together (and hope that we’ll some day have friends that can dance as well as yours can!). XOXO